LGBTQ+ Relationship Counseling
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, +, Couples Counseling / Relationship Counseling in Washington, DC
Challenges for LGBTQ+ Couples/Relationships in Counseling
- How can we improve or restore our trust in each other?
- How do we improve our sexual relationship?
- Should we open up our relationship?
- Should we get married?
- Should we have children?
- How can we resolve family relationships that are too intense or feel unfixable?
- How can I help my partner hear what I am saying?
Whether you are just dating, married, living together, or have been together for decades, LGBTQ+ couples/relationships face challenges just like any other couple, but with additional developmental and cultural challenges that being LGBTQ+ brings. For example, although this is changing somewhat, most LGBTQ+ people did not have affirmative role models growing up. This complicates the process of relating to others in healthy ways, and relationship-focused therapy can help change this.
You Deserve To Be Heard In Your Relationship
I know that your relationship has not always felt like this. Let me help you relate to each other in a loving, enriching way that will solidify you as a couple. If you love each other, let me help you find your way back to feeling connected.