LGBTQ+ Therapist: Affirming Therapy/Psychotherapy
LGBTQ+ Affirmative Therapy
LGBTQ+ Therapist: As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I have dedicated my training, research, and clinical work to helping those within the LGBTQ+ community find pride, belongingness, fulfillment, and a strong sense-of-self.
Do you need a therapist experienced in helping with LGBTQ+ issues, relationships, parenting or family issues?
- Same-sex marriage and divorce
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Monogamous, “monogamish” and non-monogamous relationships
- Lesbian, gay, transgender and polyamorous relationship counseling
- Lesbian, gay, and transgender families and parenting
- Bisexuality and bisexual spouse issues
- The Coming Out process (to self, parents, or others)
- LGBTQ+ bias and discrimination
Maintaining A Strong Sense Of Self
Over time, LGBTQ+ individuals understandably can take in negative societal attitudes about themselves, and direct them towards a hatred of who they are. To develop a healthy sense-of-self, recent research has shown that LGBTQ+ individuals must battle against conscious and unconscious processes of self-devaluation.
LGBTQ+ affirmative therapy can help work through what societally-placed internalized beliefs might be getting in the way of your leading the fullest life possible.
Help With Your LGBTQ+ Identity And Relationships With Others
- Coming out to yourself, a spouse, parents, siblings, family members, friends, or colleagues
- Dealing with homophobia, internalized homophobia, or heterosexism
- Questions about intimacy or feeling numb and uncomfortable with others
- Feelings of isolation and being lonely
- Feeling as though you don’t identify with any sexual orientation
- Shame about your sexuality, gender, or identity
- Feeling a part of the LGBTQ+ community
- Utilizing self-defeating amounts of alcohol, drugs, hookup websites/apps, and unfulfilling sex